zondag 29 september 2013

Ellowyne Wilde, Red, White and Very Blue

Just after the summerholidays I saw her listed at a local auctionsite: Red, White & Very Blue.
She would be sold nude, but I knew her original outfit is mainly a crochet outfit, so I thought it would be a nice challenge to try and figure to recreate her original outfit.
I managed to win her, and when she arrived she was even dressed, in Red, White and not so very blue.....


Of course this was a lovely surprise, but I had already been asking for help at the yahoo club, and Carol and Patricia had been kind enough to take tons of pictures for me of the original outfit.
Also, I had already bought fabric for the tights and sleeves, and started crocheting.
Here is my first attempt:
My first attempt seemed a bit wide, so I decided to try and make another one.
So I had another go at it, and the second one was indeed tighter, in fact it is so tight that it is quite difficult to put it on:
My second attempt
A close up picture of the hat

and a close up picture of the decoration
I just thought it would be nice to upload a picture of the original outfit too:
Here is the original Wilde Imagination picture


 When I was at the market a couple of weeks ago I saw some soft faux leather, which I thought would do the job well for the bag and the shoes. (Yes, call me crazy, I've never attempted to make bags or shoes before, so that's another challenge!)

My first and so far only attempt at recreating the bag.
I've started working on the shoes too, but will have to see if I can find some faux brown leather for the soles too.
The shoes are still a WIP, as I have to find material to make the heels, and I will try to find some faux brown leather for the soles. To be continued.......

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Sorry for the typos in my last comment, lol. I must learn to proof read. I think that "R,W&VB Ellowyne is GORGEOUS, also.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen